Both Factory Made & Hand Crafted Features:
- Both are designed as an In-Action Tool while you fish ~ as a third hand when you need to set your rod down. Not so much as a holder while you walk or use while your line is in the water.
- Both can be used with spinning reel or bait caster.
- Bait caster does not use the locking mechanism, but the angle allows rod to stay in position even while bending toward ground.
- Both are fully produced in the USA.
- Both fit molle hole configurations.
- Both are made for fresh water, but fit most saltwater fishing rods.
- Both have a fixed outward angle to ensure comfortable use and to avoid line being blown behind you or around your neck while performing tasks.
USA Factory Made Version:
- Inexpensive option.
- Shorter delivery turnaround.
- Ambidextrous (Left or Right hip compatible).
- Made entirely of tough Polypropylene plastic.
- 100% recyclable.
- Limited color choices.
- No screws or metal hardware needed.
- Sidecar mounting holes for future attachments.
USA Hand Crafted Version:
- Prices vary based on chosen material ~ patterns & textures.
- Will require additional shop time (made to order).
- Made specifically for Left OR Right hip only. Not ambidextrous.
- Thermoformed Kydex, Front .080, back plate .060
- Recyclable after removing metal parts.
- Wide variety of color and pattern choices.
- Zinc coated steel screws, posts, belt clips, with metal rivets and rubber bushings. Loctite applied to all screws.
- Laser burnt, carbon fiber textured logo tab riveted to back plate.
- (Coming soon) Sidecar mounting holes for future attachments.
How it enhances your fishing experience:
- Best suited for bank fishing, wading, paddleboard fishing, bass boat fishing, – even a crowded boat when you need both hands.
- Removing weeds from your hook.
- Applying new bait.
- Changing, fixing or adjusting lures.
- Untangling line.
- Tying knots with both hands.
- Answer a quick text or email.
- Quickly take photo or video of others in the moment wrangling a fish.
- Assists while you hold fish in one hand, and using pliers in the other.
- Assisting children with their rig.
- Marking your favorite fishing territory at a nearby tree.
- Allows you to use both hands to open a drink.
- Prevents dropping your rod in the water.
- Prevents rod from being on the ground and getting stepped on breaking eyelets.
- Prevents sand getting into your reel bearings.
- Prevents your line from getting tangled in brush and branches.
- Prevents hooking your finger if your rod falls over.
In summary, the Pine 9 Fishing Rod Holster is there to lend you a hand the moment you need to set your rod down.